Direction from Galeão International Airport to Discovery Hostel by Bus or Taxi
- The name of the company is REAL and it’s a blue bus. Buses depart from the lower/arrivals floor of both terminals every 20 minutes.
- When you exit the doors to the airport, take a right and keep walking till you arrive at the pick-up area. The bus going to Gloria is the number 2018 and will have Aeroporto Internacional do RJ / Alvorada (Via Orla da Zona Sul) written on it.
- Buses run from 05:30 to 23:35, cost R$16.00 (+/-) and take about an hour to get to the area where the hostel is located. You will need Brazilian Reals to board the bus, so take out money from an ATM or exchange.
- The bus goes all the way from Galeão (GIG) through the city center and makes a stop at Santos Dumont Airport (SDU). Right after leaving the domestic airport, let the driver know that you are getting off in front of Gloria Metro Station and from there its just a 5 minutes walk to Discovery Hostel. Stay on top of the driver after Santos Dumont to make sure that he drops you off at the right place - They have been known to forget!
- Pre-paid taxis operate from this airport. Vouchers can be bought from a booth in the arrivals area or from the desk before you exit Customs.
- Generally, those taxis are more expensive than the yellow taxis outside. There’s a fixed price of R$100 to most places in Zona Sul.
- The ride to Gloria neighborhood takes around 30-45 minutes and will cost around R$70-90 with the yellow cabs. Ask for a price first and tell the driver to turn the taximeter on.
We offer a taxi pick-up service for R$100. Someone will be waiting for you – great for late arrivals. Additionally the hostel is available 24/7 to call for any questions and concerns regarding your pickup. We ensure a safe and secure arrival to the hostel for you and your valuables. Click Here to book your pickup.
- Airlines: TAM, TAP Portugal, Lufthansa, Emirates Airlines
Pick-up service is not available when arriving via Terminal 1. Please use bus or taxi information.
Book Your Pickup