Directions from Santos Dumont Airport to Discovery Hostel by Bus or Taxi
BY TAXI ou UBER
The taxi service is about the same price and will drop you off at the door. Taxis wait outside the arrivals building.
Transcootour have a desk at the arrivals exit and offers fixed price taxis. Generally, those taxis are more expensive than the yellow common taxis outside.
To Gloria should cost around R$ 15 and takes less than 10 minutes.
Uber is a always a more affordable option if you have access to internet or wifi.
- Buses depart from outside the arrivals building every 30 minutes.The name of the company is PREMIUM AUTO and it’s a blue bus. The bus going to Gloria is thenumber 2018and will haveAlvorada (Via Orla da Zona Sul)written on it.
- Buses run between 05:30 and 22:30 and cost R$ 16,00 (+/-) Per Person.
- Tell the bus driver that you are getting off at Gloria Metro Station and from there it’s a 5 minutes’ walk to Discovery hostel. Stay on top of the driver to make sure that he drops you off at the right place - They have been known to forget!
VLT (Light Railway System)
- Our newest transportation system will be located outside of the Airport, and the nearest station to the Hostel will be Cinelandia, from there you can either walk for 15 min to get to the hostel or get the Metro from Cinelandia to Gloria.
- The VLT costs R$3,80 and the Metro R$4,10. You’ll have to buy a RioCard for R$3,00 and add the amount of money you want and this card you can use on any kind of public transportation.